Dante and Enzo Petrocelli of the U.S. PARMA Ragazzi team have been invited to tryout for the Miami United. The team captured the 2014 Sunshine Conference Championship of the NPSL. We wish Dante and Enzo all the best as try to reach the next level of their soccer careers. They head down to Florida next week with U.S. PARMA Director of Coaching Luigi "Lou" Trentacoste.
Our Girls' College ID Camp concluded after a successful week on the field and some very cooperative weather. Coach John Sumoski of Wilkes University (PA-D3) started things off with a session on passing/receiving. On Tuesday Jim Moore of Georgian Court University (NJ-D2) presented his philosophies on defending while Jim Kennedy from The King's College (NYC-USCAA) worked on dribbling moves and turns. Wednesday Brian Doherty of Kean University (NJ-D3) introduced transitioning quickly from defense to offense. We wrapped things up on Thursday with Rob Bielan of St. Peter's University (NJ-D1) working on speed/agility/fitness and Heather Barclay of Queens College (NY-D2) ended the week with attacking and finishing. After each session the coaches discussed many of the aspects of the college soccer recruiting process and took questions from the girls. We thank all of the coaches and campers for a tremendous week of camp, and we hope everyone can return next year.
New Jersey City University junior women's soccer midfielder and co-captain Amanda Filippone (Kenilworth, NJ/David Brearley) has had her challenging battle with epilepsy, a neurological disorder, chronicled in an in-depth feature in the women's sports blog At A Girl. Amanda has been a member of the nationally ranked U.S. PARMA Spirito team since they started at U14 until U23. She also helps train and coach our younger PARMA girls' teams. For the whole story, click here.
Our U18G Liberta team started at PARMA as our little U13 girls, now in a month or so they will be off to college. We wish all of our Liberta players past and present much success as they begin this new journey. Casey Trezza, a member of the team since U13, said "I don't think I would have been playing college soccer if it wasn't for PARMA. My coaches and teammates helped me along every step of the way, from convincing me I was able to play at the next level to actually contacting college coaches. My experience at PARMA has well prepared me for the future, and I could not have done it anywhere else." Casey was also a captain and four year varsity player at New Providence High School where she had the game winning goals in the Group 1 State Championship game two years in a row!
- Casey Trezza - Scranton University
- Vicky Uthman - Stony Brook University
- Tori Gamorski - William Paterson University
- Thalia Santacruz - Drew Universty
- Marissa Cooney - Ramapo College
- Carlee Gonzalez - St. Peter's University
- Kelly Jamison - Georgian Court University
- Jessica Benoit - Centenary College
- Colleen Burke - Farleigh Dickinson University - Madison
- Catalina Lozano - Union County College
- Kate Lowe - Fordham University
- Alana Candido - Lehigh University
- Camille Ford - Boston College
- Emily Chicules - William & Mary
- Amanda Womelsdorf - University of Connecticut
- U18G Liberta: US Club NJ Cup Quarterfinalists and Columbia Invitational Champions
- U17G Vittoria: YMS Epic and Columbia Invitational Finalists, PA Classics Mid Atlantic Cup Showcase Semi-Finalists
- U16G Tempesta: Rider Cup Champions, Columbia Invitational Finalists, NJ State Cup Quarterfinalists
- U15G Leonesse: PA Classics Mid Atlantic Cup Showcase Champions
- U14G Aventura: Columbia Invitational Semi-Finalists
- U13G Vespe: Jersey Shore Champions Cup Champions
- U12G Attaccanti: YMS Epic Semi-Finalists
- U17B Cavalieri: Morris Showcase Cup Finalists
- U16B Forza: Jersey Shore Champions Cup Finalists
- U11B Atletico: West Windsor Sunburst Champions
The following players were honored being named among the top female high school players in the state by the New Jersey Girls Soccer Coaches Association for the Fall 2013 season.
- Jess Benoit - U.S. PARMA U18G Liberta - Raritan HS
- Kate Lowe - U.S. PARMA U18G Liberta - Union Catholic HS
- Catalina Lozano - U.S. PARMA U18G Liberta - Rahway HS
- Barbara Paiva - U.S. PARMA U18G Liberta - Kearny HS
- Thalia Santacruz - U.S. PARMA U18G Liberta - Rahway HS
- Melissa Dunn - U.S. PARMA U17G Vittoria - Oak Knoll HS
Contact Phil Iuliano:
|U11 Atletico: 1 roster spot open for field player.|
|U13 Stallone: 1 roster spot open for field player.|
Congratulations to all of our playersU18G Liberta Team:
- Eliza Rodrigues (Kearny HS) First Team All-Hudson County, team repeated as Hudson County Champions.
- Barbara Paiva (Kearny HS) First Team All-Hudson County, First Team All-HCIAL, Coaches' All-Division Team, Team MVP, Team Most Offensive Player, team repeated as Hudson County Champions.
- Vicky Uthman (Lakeland HS) First Team All-Passaic County, First Team All-Big North Independence Conference.
- Thalia Santacruz (Rahway HS) First Team All-Union County.
- Jessica Benoit (Raritan HS) All-State and All-County honors.
- Kate Lowe (Union Catholic) All Union County Mountain Team, Coaches All State Top 20 North 2.
- Carlie Mayer (Westfield HS) captain of JV team, Union County JV co-Champions.
- Sara McCutcheon (Westfield HS) All-Union County Conference-Watchung Division Honorable Mention.
- Rachel Freeman (Scotch Plains HS) Union County and Watchung Conference Champions.
- Amanda Kopacz (Mount St. Mary's Academy) Skyland Conference Valley Division Second Team.
- Stephanie Spada and Alyssa Corea (Bishop Ahr) Undefeated season, Sectional State Champions Non-Public A South, NJSIAA Non-Public A State Champions.
- Julia Madsen (Cranford HS) runner up in Union County Tournament.
- Kayla Whitaker (Roselle Catholic HS) Union County Valley Team All-Star Midfielder, Coaches' award for offensive player of the year.
- Giana Gigantino (Colonia HS) Home News Tribune All-Middlesex County Honorable Mention, recognized twice by her Athletic Director for outstanding performances.
- Angela Arpino (Jonathon Dayton) All Union County Valley Division.
- Rohan Roy (JP Stevens) Coaches' award for most improved.
The New Jersey Soccer Association celebrated it's 100th year of existence this year. Formed in November 1913, the NJSA is, together with the New York State Soccer Association, one of the oldest members of the United States Soccer Federation which was also formed just earlier that year, in May 1913.
On November 3, 2013, members of the U.S. PARMA Soccer Club attended the celebration dinner/dance. In attendance were NJSA Hall of Famers, representatives from soccer clubs within the State, former professional coaches and players, and former U.S. National Team players.
Photos above include: U.S. PARMA Soccer Clubs President Phillip Iuliano, Director of Coaching Luigi Trentacoste, Head Coaches Franco Maneiri and Eldar Zulic, Claudio Reyna, Giovanni Savarese, Miguel Reyna, Manfred Schellsheidt, Charlie Stillitano, and Ferdinando De Matthaeis.